(A): BRINGING TOGETHER ALL BUDDHIST GROUPS AND BUDDHISTS
(1) To foster a spirit of fellowship, co-operation, friendship and
goodwill among Buddhist groups.
(2) To facilitate the exchange of information and resources among
(3) To serve as a forum for the discussion of matters of common
interest to Buddhist groups.
(B): REPRESENTATION OF ALL BUDDHIST GROUPS AND BUDDHISTS
(4) To facilitate dealings with government, the private sector, other
organizations, the media and the public in general, in matters of
common interest to Buddhist groups.
(5) To facilitate the representation of Buddhism and Buddhist groups
in inter-religious forums, organizations and activities.
(6) To facilitate the expression of the Buddhist perspective on
matters of interest to society.
(C): SUPPORTING BUDDHISM
(7) To assist in the resolution of differences between Buddhist
groups and other persons or entities, including government, and
differences among Buddhist groups.
(8) To assist Buddhist groups in matters requiring approvals from
government, in subject areas such as, exemption from income tax, tax
deductibility for donations, town planning, and visas for monks and nuns
from overseas, setting up procedures, drafting constitutions and
(9) To support Buddhist Groups and Buddhists in Australia, in their
(D): PROMOTION OF SERVICES RENDERED BY BUDDHIST GROUPS
(10) To promote community services and social welfare activities of
(11) To promote the development and dissemination of educational
resource material on Buddhism.
(12) To promote training programs for Buddhists, especially for
(13) To promote public talks, forums, and seminars on Buddhism
and related subjects.