The Buddhist Council of Queensland is an active member of Education Queensland's Religious Education Advisory Committee [REAC], which is responsible for developing and guiding the Religious Instruction in all state schools in Queensland.
This includes the protocols and requirements for the appointment of Religious Instructors in these schools and providing assistance with the formation of and maintenance of an approved syllabus and curriculum.
From 2010, the Council is the sole certifying authority for accrediting Buddhist Instructors and programs in state schools.
The Buddhist Council of Queensland is also a panel-member of the Advisory Committee for Employing Authorities of Chaplains [ACEA] that oversees the accreditation of these organisations.
These roles help to ensure that Buddhism is fairly and accurately represented in the public school system in Queensland.
Some useful Information on Buddhist Education in Queensland Schools
- Fact Sheet on Buddhism for Qld. Schools - Provided to all Qld State Schools through REAC - Education Qld 2010
- Connect to the CCYPCG - Blue Card page A mandatory requirement before becoming a RI Teacher in Qld.
- Buddhist Studies for Primary Students Syllabus Guide with Question Time.
- Buddhist Studies for Secondary Students Syllabus Guide with Question Time.
- A Manual for Peace - The Full 38 Step Program - includes Lesson Plans : courtesy of the Dhammakaya Foundation and Brisbane Insight Meditation - Woollowin.(nb:2 Mb PDF File)
- Many Faiths - One Humanity - Full Lesson Plans : courtesy of Griffith University Multi-Faith Centre - Nathan (nb:6 Mb PDF File)
Please note these two publications may be reproduced for education purposes, subject to retaining recognition for the original authors in the reproduction.